Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blogging Slacker...

That's what I am right now. And then I started to feel stressed out about how I "needed" to blog again. And then I got to thinking, "Blogging is supposed to be fun, not stressful!" So I linked an old post to Kimba's DIY party today and stopped being such a crazy stresser-outer!

Anyways, I haven't been a total bum. I've been working on my art again and have a few pieces to show y'all today. They're all oil pastel on paper:

First I thought I'd try a still life...


Then I really enjoyed drawing the pear, so I drew a really big one.
My daughter calls it the "huge heavy pear" lol!



Then I was inspired by a friend who showed me her paintings of glass. I had
never drawn glass before, so I decided to do several small studies.

I really loved drawing the glass, and my favorite was the red wine glass. It was soooo much fun to draw in black and white! And I usually HATE drawing in black and white!

I'm leaving to go out of town tomorrow and I'll be gone for a week, so I'll check you guys later! Stay super, and I'll see you when I get back! :-)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

i want to learn these things so much!!