Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kryptonite Has Us Down

The Masked Baby has been wearing a sad mask this week :-(
He's going to be fine, but caring for sick children is definitely my kryptonite.
It has taken away all of my household superpowers!

I put away the cold groceries, but the others have been sitting there for days...

At least this massive pile of laundry is clean...

We won't be eating at the table any time soon...
And yes, Swamp Thing has taken the kitchen back over...

However, one of my new year's resolutions still has hope this week... I have managed to stay on my diet! Isn't that incredible?! Do you know what's getting me through? These 1 point (that's right, I said ONE point) fudge bars from weight watchers! They are 110 calories, 1 fat gram, and 5 fiber grams of pure pleasure! They're bigger and yummier than regular fudge bars, and I'm totally eating one right now!

13 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

So sorry your baby is sick! Hope life returns to normal, but just let that clutter go and *try* to be OK with it (easier said than done, right?). We ALL have times like this!! You're not alone!

And, those WW 1 point fudge bars?? DIVINE!! I'm on the WW plan, and this is my saving grace by the end of the day. There was a great sale on them awhile back and I bought all the boxes on the freezer shelf. :)

Brooke said...

hope the poor thing feels better soon!

Tanielle said...

Sorry your little one is sick. Hope he gets feeling better soon! Good luck!

Jen said...

I am so proud of you for showing "my house" to others! It is nice to meet someone with the same struggles with household chores-especially when there's a sick one in the house. I know the mask, too! We have a nebulizer for our two girls. Sorry that baby is sick- I'm lifting up a little prayer as I type!

Take Care!
Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!
and also at
http://godsshiningstars.blogspot.com

Jess @ Just a Blink said...

It is a huge setback when life throws you a curve ball. I will pray your super powers are resilient.

peace.

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Sending good vibes your way!

Sharon said...

Aw! Poor baby. What is wrong?

Our 2nd was just sick. He had rotovirus and everything got turned upside down. We have not even finished unpacking yet from moving, and we've lived here now almost a full month. I hate it! I despise clutter and boxes, but I need help.

I hope everything gets back to normal for you soon. It's so hard when the kiddos are sick!

That Girl said...

awww hope the baby feels better soon! Dont worry about that other stuff, it isnt going anywhere.

Heidi Boos said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have given you an award over at my blog...hope it makes you feel just a little bit better today!! ;)

http://blueeyedblessings.blogspot.com/2009/02/im-in-sisterhood.html

Xazmin said...

I'm so sorry you have a sick one. I love that someone has a house that looks like mine!! You can over power this - I know it! That's why I've given you an award! Come by and see!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! I know where you are coming from. My 6 month old is sick and my house is a wreck and you know what.... I don't care! I just want him better.

You are a good mama for letting things go to take care of your sweet little one!

Hope all is well soon!

Anonymous said...

First things first. Take care of that baby, yourself and your family. The cleaning can wait.

Shop Without Money Sisters said...

It's so hard when you have a sick baby! We've done that nebulizer route several times. Hope they all feel better VERY SOON!
heather