Thursday, February 19, 2009

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet!

So today I was puttering along with my sick children when I looked up and saw the clock. It was 10 after 4. Where did the day go? This question surely couldn't be answered, but one thing was for sure. I didn't want my husband coming home to this atrocious mess for another day in a row. So my little 3 year old sidekick and I quickly changed into our super clothes and cleaned up this mess faster than a speeding bullet!

See the clock? 10 after 4...
KaBoom!
See the clock now? Only 4:45!

Zap!
Took care of that front doorway mess, too!
BAM!!!
Yes, this all happened in the same 35 minute time frame. Far from perfect, but what an improvement! Vacuuming, sweeping, toys flying everywhere... it was quite a sight! When I was done, I made dinner (well... I did make a salad and pop a frozen pot pie in the oven) so when The Masked Husband came in the door, he enjoyed his peaceful house and dinner rather than walking into chaos.

Swamp Thing is still camped out in my kitchen, and yes that massive pile of laundry is still sitting beside the couch taunting me, but I'll leave that battle for tomorrow :-)

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Awesome work Masked Mommy! I love that even the hamster cage was straighten on the table...I am so into details. (-:

So what time can I expect you over to battle my messy mayhem? I can barely get to the computer to type this.

Tonya said...

The worst part about it is that I am hosting our play group tomorrow...only 3 adults and about 13 kids..and I haven't done anything but browse blogs for the last hour. My 2 year old literally has dragged everything out of her toybox and her upstairs closet and it is strewn about my house. I just don't have the energy to corral it. LOL

I do LOVE your blog! And your before and after pics are AMAZING. I guess I need to use flylady again and get my mess under control. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION, and if I wasn't busy reading your blog, I might actually accomplish something tonight. No offense! But your blog is really that good that it is keeping me from the demands of my homelife. (-;

That Girl said...

you are a superhero!

Alicia said...

That is some awesome cleaning! Too bad you dont live closer too me lol!

Jen said...

Wow! You go girl!!

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!
God's Shining Stars