Friday, June 26, 2009

4th of July Kid's Craft

Looking for a great toddler craft for the 4th of July? Well, here's a little something I came up with. This one is good from about age 2 up. Kids love to paint, and the final product is actually quite cute! These pictures could even be displayed as decorations at your barbecue, or enjoyed as a good activity on the 4th when kids need a break from playing out in the heat, or when they're being impatient because it's not quite dark enough to start lighting fireworks yet.


What you'll need:

  • Red and blue paint (acrylic or tempera)
  • White paper
  • Patriotic shaped cookie cutters


What to do:

To prevent a mess, cover your table with some paper first. Then, squirt the paint onto a cookie sheet, and supply the cookie cutters. I used some stars I had. I have a Christmas bell that I also offered my daughter (for the whole "Let Freedom Ring" thing). Show the kids how to dip the cookie cutters into the paint and "stamp" the shapes on the paper.

My daughter had a blast, and the final product turned out really cute!

2 comments:

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Do you finally have internet in your new digs?! I've missed your posts!

Jedda said...

We love painting with cookie cutters :)